Thankful

Hey ya'll,
Just a quick post on my progress since my last post.
Nursing
My new nurse is great, I miss my Donna but she became family so we still talk & we're planning lunch in the next few weeks and if all else fails we are going to Downtown Disney on my birthday in January so I'll get the chance to see her then. My new nurse CC wants to go with me & the girls to karaoke. That will probably be around my birthday too. CC will fit in with my twins very well, should be a fun night. I'll be exhausted for 3 days after but it's worth it to have some normal girl time in my life. I even got a cute new sweater dress & boots to wear. (hey it's my birthday party & I deserve to look awesome!)

Pharmacy
Still a bit miffed with my pharmacy but won't go into specifics. Lets just say liar liar pants on fire! But we have come to an agreement, they won't talk to me unless absolutely necessary & I won't talk to them unless hell has indeed frozen over...seriously though, I love the pharmacist & the company just not the office people. I can call my "pharmy" anytime I need to so it's all good.

Pain
My pain was getting better going to the gym but now that the cooler weather has moved in I hurt more. Same places, nothing new just more often. No injuries, not over doing it just cooler weather. As anyone with CIDP knows weather affects us a lot. Hot weather we don't hurt so bad but the heat exhausts us & cool weather we have the energy but also have more pain. We can't win for losing. I did start physical therapy last week though so I am hopeful that we can at least make it more manageable. I would love pain free but realistically, it isn't going to happen & I don't want the drugs that could make me pain free. (I hate drugs) I don't have any moral objections to those who do take medications to relieve pain, I do when I absolutely have to but would rather not.

I didn't realize how much pain effects my life until I was forced to really think about it & now I wish I had given different answers. I've lived with this pain for so long that it is just a part of me & I don't realize how much it does effect my sleep, my activities, my life in general. & I wish I could write more but as I'm typing this the pinching in my shoulders is getting unbearable. So I'm off to find heat!

Till next time have a safe & happy Thanksgiving and today being Veteran's day, Thank you to all Veterans. Without you...well, this country would be in even worse shape & so would I. My family members fought in wars so that I would have the right to fight for my health...

Always believe in the magic of life.
Cheryl

Oh, I almost forgot to say what I'm thankful for. I'm most thankful for my family without them I'd be locked up in a loony bin for sure. I'm thankful for my lil dog, I love him so much. And my cats, even though they ignore me for the most part. I'm thankful for JJ & Twin, without them I'd be sane! I'm thankful for all that I have & all that I don't have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diagnosis

current 3/21/12