My history

I should have started this blog years ago but I just had too much going on. As anyone with a chronic illness will tell you, keep a journal because it helps. I didn't, so now its going to take me days if not weeks to post my history up till now. I am currently 37 and I became sick at 30 so I've got lots to say.

I have CIDP, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating Polyneuropathy. It is an auto-immune disease (or disorder, depending who you talk to) My immune system attacks the meylin sheath that coats the nerves and then my brain can't send the proper signals to my muscles to move. Oh, and it hurts like hell. When your brain can't send signals you become extremely weak, and it hurts. If I don't get treatment I get so weak that I am paralyzed from head to toe...and it HURTS. Some people have to be placed on a vent in order to breathe but I have not gotten that bad. Some people just get a little weak but most need walkers at the very least.

Ok, so that pain I talked about, well its getting really bad right now so I will stop here for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Diagnosis

Highs & lows

current 3/21/12